Below is a list of commonly asked questions about Myra Aso products and policies.
If we have not answered a question you may have, please feel free to contact us through our Contact page.
What is Marula?
- Marula is a fruit that grows wild in Southern Africa. Click here to learn more.
How is marula oil made?
- Marula oil is cold pressed from the seed of the marula fruit.
Is marula oil safe to use on my entire body?
- Yes, marula is safe for the entire body, but conduct a patch test in case of any concerns.
Is marula oil safe to use on children?
- Yes, marula oil is safe to use on children, but conduct a patch test in case of any concerns.
Is your marula oil edible and is it safe to eat?
- Our marula oil and all ingredients we use in our products are cosmetic grade and not food grade, therefore they are to be used topically.
What makes marula oil better than other oils?
- Marula is super rich in nutrients, tones and heals, penetrates deeply and is a dry oil. Marula also makes a great addition to any oils you may already have. Click here to learn more.
Marula Skin and Hair Care Products
Are your products safe to use on pregnant women?
- Our products are safe to use on pregnant women, but in case of any concerns, avoid altogether.
Can I use marula butter on my face as a moisturizer?
- Yes, our cocoa, lavender or original marula butters make excellent face moisturizers. The citrus marula butter may cause sensitivity in some individuals.
Are your products certified organic?
- Although we do not market ourselves as an organic company, our pure marula oil is certified organic.
What if I have sensitive skin? Eczema? Psoriasis?
- We recommend a patch test prior to full use.
Are your products paraben-free? Pthalate free? Vegan?
- All our products are paraben and phthalate free. Our Marula Lip Butter does contain beeswax.
What is the shelf life of your products?
- Our products should stay fresh for 12 months after opening.
Do you test on animals?
- No, our products are not tested on animals.
What are your ingredients?
- All product ingredients are clearly outlined under description in our store.
What is bergaptene-free?
- The bergaptene has been removed from the bergamot essential oil, so as to not cause photosensitivity.
Are all your oils essential oils?
- We use a combination of carrier, essential and fragrant oils.
What is the difference between a carrier oil and an essential oil?
- A carrier oil is a base oil or vegetable oil. It is used to dilute essential oils. An essential oil, also known as a volatile oil, is the concentrated oil from the leaves, bark, root, stem, petals or skin of a plant, often obtained by distillation.
What is the cost of shipping?
- Shipping throughout Canada and the continental United States is $5.95. Click here to learn more.
Do you ship internationally?
- Yes. Full Tracking is $18.00 CAD. Partial Tracking is $20.00 CAD. Click here to learn more
When will my order be processed and shipped?
- All orders are processed between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding holidays and shipped the same day or the following business day.
What shipping companies do you use?
- We use Canada Post, USPS, DHL and local delivery services.
What is your refund policy?
Click here to view our return policy
Can I order wholesale?
- Yes. Please contact us at 1-877- 757-5958 or inquiries can be made through our Contact page.
Are your products made in Canada?
- Yes. All our products are made in Canada.
Can I find your products in stores?
- Our products can be found in some health food stores in the Greater Toronto Area. If you cannot find us at your favourite store, have your store request us. We offer wholesale and distributing.
What method of payment do you accept?
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, PayPal and Email Transfer. Email transfer is only available to Canadian customers.
Are you going to come out with more products?
- Release of new products will be announced on our website and social media links.